Overdark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When darkness falls... The light rises...

HomeWikipediaGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Overdark on your social bookmarking website
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Top posters
Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Anderson the Great
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Winter Rebel
Woz2
The Colonel
Rui Hatsune
=+=DTD=+=
AVenger
Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was still on here. I got an email that reminded me of this place and I somehow remembered my login info. Send me an email at dimitripheonixslovak@gmail.com if you just want to communicate. I lost contact with a lot of people on here, and I'm hoping to reconnect. If you're looking for another RP place, go to nationstates.net
I'll link my country here. [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=isaf-usea]…

Comments: 0
GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 pm by Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT
Feel free to talk about anything to your hearts content.

Comments: 235
For all you GE fans out there.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm by Flarezone
Prepare to have your socks rocked. I just found this free online game.

STEP ONE: Find a computer and look up "Astral Empires"
STEP TWO: Create and account and join the server "Ixion"
STEP THREE: Jump into galaxy 47 and lets team up to establish our empire in the stars!
http://ixion.astroempires.com/?ref=ixion.79935

Comments: 7
New Races/Species
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm by Flarezone
As you can see, the choices regarding species is currently very limited. I am currently working on 3-4 other species. However, if any member has an idea feel free to run it by me. These 1st few playable races are probably going to be the most commonly used so lets be original! If any guest has ideas, feel free to submit a thread to the QCIS board.

Comments: 5
Introduce Yourselves!
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm by Flarezone
WELCOME TO OVERDARK!
Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Comments: 28
Points/Respect Mod
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm by Flarezone
Regarding the Points/Respect mod that has been added onto the forum. What should we use it for? Or do we even need it?
I'm all ears.

Comments: 3
I'm About to Lose It
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm by Anderson the Great
This picture thing is pissing me off severely. I cannot upload any photos from my computer. And the ones I've found, I can't find the URL.

Comments: 11
The Prodigal Son Hath Returned
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Anderson the Great
Here I am. Once again, I stand before you. My travels have brought me far and wide and now here I am.

Comments: 2
Union Ship Desc.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm by =+=DTD=+=
This is the description for one of the smaller ship classes. Classified as a Destroyer, the CONSOLATION class is the most common ship in the Union.

Please take note that this description will be HEAVILY modified before being reposted as a unit used by the union.

CONSOLATION I- A short range, high weapon, high armor, high speed destroyer used for planetary and base defense. It utilizes a small …

Comments: 2
Latest topics
» Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel

» Abaddon City
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am by Guest

» GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm by Flarezone

» Antonius of Raspus
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm by Anderson the Great

» Gallifrey Stands
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:15 am by Rui Hatsune

» The Kingdom of Xenon
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:52 am by Anderson the Great

» Forozov of Svoliani
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm by Anderson the Great

» Xenonian
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm by Anderson the Great

» bad things
GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am by Guest

Most active topics
GENERAL CHAT
Rise of the Ark
RotA OOC
Thoughts on AV?
Introduce Yourselves!
Winter Rebels
Discovery of the Chaakas
27th Century Weapons
The United(Or, Universal) Federation of Chaakas.
Eternity Orbs
Affiliates
free forum

RPG-D Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

GENERAL CHAT

Go down 
+3
=+=DTD=+=
Woz2
Flarezone
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 pm

This forum is concerned highly with originality. So no. But you can have characters within my faction, which will be somewhat similar in concept to the Imperium of Man. Kinda. Not really.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Huh... I guess then I'll make my original faction: The Universal Federation of Chaakas
Which you could consider a C5 faction since it has hard light tech and is VERY advanced.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:17 pm

What is Hard Light?
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Let us just say this: It's a very complicated theory in the Real world, that if a type of generator captures light, and solidifies it; It creates hard light. Hard light weaponry is like Guass multiplied by 400x, and is WAY more focused.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Gauss*
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:40 pm

You know that light is radiation, right? Photons? Not matter.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 pm

OKAY. So Woz, since my faction has split off from the Confederation and their history has a lot to do with the Confederation, you've got to okay this before I post it.

HISTORY

The Order of Purgatus split off from the Astral Confederation shortly after it's formation in 325-092 USY and was founded by treacherous military leaders of the Astral Confederation who disagreed with humanity's alliance with "scum species" and cyborgs. The Order was officially founded on 325-096 USY after a brief civil war in which Purgatus emerged victorious because of their in-depth knowledge of Confederation tactics. Over the centuries, the ranks of the Order swelled exponentially due to war with the Shade Imperium and the Order's human-supremacist policies which appealed to many humans at the time. During a time of rapid expansion known as the Glorious Revolution, the population grew to 86 centillion and ten galaxies fell under Purgatus control.

Once a mere nuisance, the Order turned into a real threat to the Astral Confederation after the New Year's Day Skirmish when a trespassing Confederal fleet that refused to recognize Purgatus sovereignty was handed a decisive defeat by celebrated Admiral Asimov Kerlinko.

The small skirmish was prevented from becoming a full-scale war by Purgatus diplomats that realized that their fledgling superpowerdom would be threatened by such a war. Towards the end of the war with the Shade Imperium, the Purgatus Order jumped into the war as a loose ally of the Confederation, if only because they didn't want to be annihilated themselves. After the war, a cold war of hostility with the Confederation continued to polarize humanity and militarize the Order. It was only until the Comprehensive Arms Treaty in 869-560 USY that hostilities began to cool down. To this day, the Purgatus Order and the Confederation have not engaged in a war.

After the arms treaty, the Order looked towards domestic revitalization. They made bold leaps forward in technology (if only at the expense of conquered and disposed xenobiologicals) and modernized their planets. Their network of small, non-centralized economies were solidified into several major galactic-based centralized economies and the modern governing body of the Magisterium (which makes laws) and a Chancellor (which enforces laws) was established.

In the modern era, the Purgatus are often overlooked on the Universal scene but their power is on the rise. Their population continues to grow exponentially and their military is massive. The Order spends much more in military preparedness than the Confederation and fields an army of trillions of soldiers and millions of starships. In addition, they are highly advanced in conventional technology.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Well, Hard light is mostly sci-fi and hard to explain, so yea.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 am

BTW, christianity actually survived up until the 4th mellenia. overtime re Christian religion evolved into the Illumic Order.
Back to top Go down
https://overdark.rpg-board.net
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 am

I just figured that after a few million years and Jesus didn't show up everyone would just give up. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 am

More like their beliefs evolved over time alongside the advancements in technology. But yeah, lol.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 am

By the way, I tried to recruit a couple chicks. Just so this isn't entirely male. So... Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 am

XD, I would love that lol. BTW, join the chat box. Its faster to talk that way.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:24 am

I'm on my phone. The web version don't work too well on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 am

Ah, I see.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 am

But anyways. Yeah. Has Woz run off again or does he check in from time-to-time?
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 am

He comes on from time to time, he has been busy with school lately.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 am

I'm eager to get the Purgatus up and running.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 am

Gtg for a while, but let me know what you think of the 1st GUW. I'll read up on your replies later.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:02 pm

So can I make multiple posts on my faction page, I want to post culture and everything sepreratly
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Definitely, add as much detail as possible.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Who has Earth? I'm assuming the Confederation. Maybe there's a conflict where the Order attempts to retake Earth, which is sacred to them.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Actually, After Rise of the Ark, I am planning on a 2nd RP that will involve the rediscovery of Earth which threatens to start a new war over who controls it.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Gotcha. You mean? They lost the coordinates to Earth? That's sad. XD
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Lol, the planet was evacuated in the 64th century after a conflict occurred with many different factions in the galaxy. Humanity was still a class two civilization at the time. So technology was more limited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdark :: OUT OF CHARACTER :: Astral Lounge-
Jump to: