Overdark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When darkness falls... The light rises...

HomeWikipediaGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Overdark on your social bookmarking website
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Top posters
Flarezone
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_vote_lcapCHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_voting_barCHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_vote_rcap 
Anderson the Great
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_vote_lcapCHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_voting_barCHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown I_vote_rcap 
Winter Rebel
Woz2
The Colonel
Rui Hatsune
=+=DTD=+=
AVenger
Anyone still on here?
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was still on here. I got an email that reminded me of this place and I somehow remembered my login info. Send me an email at dimitripheonixslovak@gmail.com if you just want to communicate. I lost contact with a lot of people on here, and I'm hoping to reconnect. If you're looking for another RP place, go to nationstates.net
I'll link my country here. [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=isaf-usea]…

Comments: 0
GENERAL CHAT
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 pm by Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT
Feel free to talk about anything to your hearts content.

Comments: 235
For all you GE fans out there.
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm by Flarezone
Prepare to have your socks rocked. I just found this free online game.

STEP ONE: Find a computer and look up "Astral Empires"
STEP TWO: Create and account and join the server "Ixion"
STEP THREE: Jump into galaxy 47 and lets team up to establish our empire in the stars!
http://ixion.astroempires.com/?ref=ixion.79935

Comments: 7
New Races/Species
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm by Flarezone
As you can see, the choices regarding species is currently very limited. I am currently working on 3-4 other species. However, if any member has an idea feel free to run it by me. These 1st few playable races are probably going to be the most commonly used so lets be original! If any guest has ideas, feel free to submit a thread to the QCIS board.

Comments: 5
Introduce Yourselves!
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm by Flarezone
WELCOME TO OVERDARK!
Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Comments: 28
Points/Respect Mod
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm by Flarezone
Regarding the Points/Respect mod that has been added onto the forum. What should we use it for? Or do we even need it?
I'm all ears.

Comments: 3
I'm About to Lose It
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm by Anderson the Great
This picture thing is pissing me off severely. I cannot upload any photos from my computer. And the ones I've found, I can't find the URL.

Comments: 11
The Prodigal Son Hath Returned
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Anderson the Great
Here I am. Once again, I stand before you. My travels have brought me far and wide and now here I am.

Comments: 2
Union Ship Desc.
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm by =+=DTD=+=
This is the description for one of the smaller ship classes. Classified as a Destroyer, the CONSOLATION class is the most common ship in the Union.

Please take note that this description will be HEAVILY modified before being reposted as a unit used by the union.

CONSOLATION I- A short range, high weapon, high armor, high speed destroyer used for planetary and base defense. It utilizes a small …

Comments: 2
Latest topics
» Anyone still on here?
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel

» Abaddon City
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am by Guest

» GENERAL CHAT
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm by Flarezone

» Antonius of Raspus
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm by Anderson the Great

» Gallifrey Stands
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:15 am by Rui Hatsune

» The Kingdom of Xenon
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:52 am by Anderson the Great

» Forozov of Svoliani
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm by Anderson the Great

» Xenonian
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm by Anderson the Great

» bad things
CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am by Guest

Most active topics
GENERAL CHAT
Rise of the Ark
RotA OOC
Thoughts on AV?
Introduce Yourselves!
Winter Rebels
Discovery of the Chaakas
27th Century Weapons
The United(Or, Universal) Federation of Chaakas.
Eternity Orbs
Affiliates
free forum

RPG-D Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:44 pm

EARTH ORBIT - SPACE STATION MAGNUS
Magnus Docking Station - 6:30 AM, January 12th, 2648 AD

CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown 267043_tribune_vse_neobyasnimoe_i_neobychnoe

Its a beautiful morning aboard the Space Station Magnus. A viewing platform at the edge of the docking station revealed the earths surface, scattered with golden lights of from the numerous cities and people that reside there. The docking station was a vast open room with a ceiling fifty feet high and dozens of airlocks leading to different ships that were docked to the station. At the very end of this tunnel like system of airlocks, a single large door could be seen. Above it was a hologram which said S.S.Valor.

One hundred people crowded the dock in front of the entrance to the Valor. Several others stood to the side of the gathering. Watching this historic event take place. In the middle of the crowd was a stage lifted six feet in the air. Two men stood on the platform. One of them was and elderly man, obviously an official who worked on the space station. The other was the captain of the S.S.Valor.

After giving a speech to the crowd about the legacy they would leave behind on their journey he turned towards the captain. Encouraging him to give a speech of his own. The crew looked up at him with anticipation. Knowing full well that it was almost time to board the legendary vessel. Several people tried to shuffle their way through the crowd to get closer, however the senior officers remained untouched at the front of the group.

Last edited by Flarezone on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://overdark.rpg-board.net
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Anthony stepped into the microphone and began to speak in his gruff but somehow soft tone of voice. The one that his men loved to hear. It was the tone he used to communicate the thoughts of God himself. Or at least, that's how Anthony put it.

"Fellow Terrans, in just a short while, I will be in command of a vessel with the capabilities to travel anywhere in the Galaxy well within the span of my lifetime. On our journeys, we the crew of the S.S. Valor will honorably and courageously uphold the ideals of the human race in unshakeable determination towards its further domination of the cosmos. It is without doubt that we will make contact with hundreds, perhaps thousands of intelligent lifeforms besides we humans, and in those dealings I swear to represent the governments of humanity in asking for peace everlasting and a harmonious living among the astral plane. The Lord as my shepard will lead and guide me in the right course of action to the further prosperity of the human race and all life in the Universe and as long as I shall live, I pledge to follow dutifully his instructions. Humanity, I am your captain. This is your crew. We will not let you down."
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Slovak looked at his hands, and a picture of Earth in them. "I didn't think I would be leavin' my home." He thought, while looking at the picture. Slovak looked at the captain while he spoke, he was in one of the many seats assigned for the crew during the speech. Slovak's mind raced, he knew the captain, he was honorable, and humble. Though, he had to follow the chain this time, he couldn't just go straight to the general, he had to go to his CO, the boss before the boss. "Damn...." He thought, "This is gonna be harder than I think." He chuckled softly, and looked at the captain again to focus on the speech.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Zachary stood near the middle, listening silently to the load of bull that was the Captain's speech. More politics. Great. Sadly, because he was in the middle and an officer to boot, there was no way whatsoever for him to sneak away to get on the ship ahead of time. Looking up at a guy in front of him holding a picture, he thanked god most of his family either didn't like him or was dead. Since he had no one to say goodbye too, he had nothing to hold him here. Perhaps that was the excuse Administration was using to get rid of him. But who cares about an old sea dog like me? Other than me, that is. Zachary returned to listening to the speech and waiting for the order to board the Valor. He had things to do.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

After the captain had completed his speech a great cheer arose among the crew. It was only a couple more minutes before a voice was heard over the intercom within the docking station. It was the voice of a women, official and with confidence. "We will now begin boarding the S.S.Valor. Please proceed to your crew quarters. Its location is be posted at the bottom of your ticket." There was a rush of sound as crew members collected their carry on bags and one by one began entered the massive vessel. The commanding officers were the 1st to board along with the next level of command. "Commanding Officers, please report to the bridge after finding your rooms. Keep in mind, all officers quarters are located on level A, near the top of the ship. Refreshments will be supplied in the officers break room."

(KEEP IN MIND)
You are welcome to describe the ship as you please, however don't contradict one another. Build on what the person before describes. Remember this is a six mile long vessel with a crew of just over a hundred people.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Captain DeCasanova walked with his hands together behind his back, slumped forward, unlit pipe in his mouth so he could chew on the stem. He was the first to arrive at his quarters and he had no bags to leave. He had packed nothing. Everything he needed was provided for him. Six work uniforms, plus one dress uniform. A small armory of gauss pistols supplied by request, three to be exact. Everything else was bland and boring space age monotony. The rooms were white and the walls were made of plastic and sloped up to the walls so as to lead one to feel that they were living in a fishbowl. Anthony had grown used to it. The bed was a queen size with red sheets and a black blanket and pillows. He never understood why they chose that color palette for officer's quarters. He had a small bathroom with shaving cream, tooth paste, and other necessities. And another special creature comfort provided of the captain was a supply of refined quality pipe tobacco and a fully-stocked, but small liquor cabinet.

After he had spent approximately thirty seconds in his room, he took his place on the bridge. First to arrive. He sat down in his chair and looked out the window at the blue and green marble that was Planet Earth. He could've started to wonder when he'd see her again. But that would take too much energy. And he had spent that dealing with the bureaucrats before he finally got on board. He sighed and sank in his chair.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Zachary is one of the last crewmen on, and steps into his rooms, near the edge of the officers quarters, which are marginally larger than the other officer's (exception being the captain), likely due to how he chucked the liquor cabinet out the window (figuratively), leaving a small alcove which he stood his weapons rack up in. His baggage was in the form of an old, beat-to-death metal footlocker with wheels that had a matter compression device inside, allowing a lot of stuff into it. He pulled a few uniforms and some work clothing out, before placing a myriad of weapons into the rack. First came a short sword, a dull sheen adorning the metal. Then his kukri, followed by several other large knives of varying make, before a whetstone finished off the rack. On a special-order pegboard on the wall went The firearms, among them a Jerry-rigged plasma rifle the navy didn't know about yet, twin gauss rifles that looked like SPAS-12 combat shotguns from the 21st century, a photon gun, and several pistols, many of which were absolutely ancient, if powerful, make sand models, most in the form of small rail pistols. And the crown of it all, a massive crossbow made of metal alloys that would put a bolt through several inches of armor plate. Zachary spent a moment gazing at it all and promising to himself to rearrange it later before he did an about-face and strode to the bridge, coming in ahead of everyone but the captain by some miracle or other. He did a quick salute before stepping to the engineering console and looking it over.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Kodiak monitored the security as everyone boarded the ship. He pondered who some of the people were, but Kodiak told himself he would find out later. He put on some sunglasses that looked liked 21st century oklies, but very few people knew what went on inside them. He activated the HUD on them, which popped up al in blue. Evrything on the HUD had a designation. Each made his job easier. First, he sent a message to the captain, saying "All aboard sir." He then went on to the armory, where he made sure everything was still in place. The armory to Kodiak was nothing. At West Point, it was near a mint station, and by God, was the Armory there prepared for an all-out siege. Kodiak went on to his quarters to where he dropped his carry-on off at. While doing so, he begn to think "The Adventure begins."
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 am

It was about half an hour before the entire crew was prepared to leave. The commanding officers made their way to the bridge. Shaking hands with each other and giving introductions. After it was done the commanding officers sat in their specific chair. All in a semi-circle with the two helmsman up front and the captain on an elevated podium behind the semi-circle. Meanwhile, the majority of the crew had entered the entertainment sector on level. A massive lounge with a bar and a dozen or so Holo T.V. with just about every recorded program on Earth. Even an arcade center and pool table, everything the crew could possibly want for a long journey. A voice echoed throughout the ship as the captain said his final words before activating the tunnel drive.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:11 am

"Will the crew please prepare to enter hyperspace (I assume that's what they call the space between the two exits of the tunnel). I have never captained a ship with such a device, but here's what my chief science officer tells me. You make experience nausea at first and you may develop a headache building pressure behind your eyes. We have plenty of aspirin and plenty of wastebaskets. Use them as you see fit." Anthony then turned off the intercom.

He turned to the first helmsman, "give us 80% impulse power."

He looked at the second helmsman, "Open the tunnel, if you please, sir."

The crewmen pressed several buttons and slid some dials around to comply with the captain's request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown   CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER ONE: Unto the Unknown
Page 1 of 1