Overdark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When darkness falls... The light rises...

HomeWikipediaGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Overdark on your social bookmarking website
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Top posters
Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
Anderson the Great
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_vote_lcapGENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_voting_barGENERAL CHAT - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
Winter Rebel
Woz2
The Colonel
Rui Hatsune
=+=DTD=+=
AVenger
Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was still on here. I got an email that reminded me of this place and I somehow remembered my login info. Send me an email at dimitripheonixslovak@gmail.com if you just want to communicate. I lost contact with a lot of people on here, and I'm hoping to reconnect. If you're looking for another RP place, go to nationstates.net
I'll link my country here. [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=isaf-usea]…

Comments: 0
GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 pm by Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT
Feel free to talk about anything to your hearts content.

Comments: 235
For all you GE fans out there.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm by Flarezone
Prepare to have your socks rocked. I just found this free online game.

STEP ONE: Find a computer and look up "Astral Empires"
STEP TWO: Create and account and join the server "Ixion"
STEP THREE: Jump into galaxy 47 and lets team up to establish our empire in the stars!
http://ixion.astroempires.com/?ref=ixion.79935

Comments: 7
New Races/Species
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm by Flarezone
As you can see, the choices regarding species is currently very limited. I am currently working on 3-4 other species. However, if any member has an idea feel free to run it by me. These 1st few playable races are probably going to be the most commonly used so lets be original! If any guest has ideas, feel free to submit a thread to the QCIS board.

Comments: 5
Introduce Yourselves!
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm by Flarezone
WELCOME TO OVERDARK!
Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Comments: 28
Points/Respect Mod
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm by Flarezone
Regarding the Points/Respect mod that has been added onto the forum. What should we use it for? Or do we even need it?
I'm all ears.

Comments: 3
I'm About to Lose It
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm by Anderson the Great
This picture thing is pissing me off severely. I cannot upload any photos from my computer. And the ones I've found, I can't find the URL.

Comments: 11
The Prodigal Son Hath Returned
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Anderson the Great
Here I am. Once again, I stand before you. My travels have brought me far and wide and now here I am.

Comments: 2
Union Ship Desc.
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm by =+=DTD=+=
This is the description for one of the smaller ship classes. Classified as a Destroyer, the CONSOLATION class is the most common ship in the Union.

Please take note that this description will be HEAVILY modified before being reposted as a unit used by the union.

CONSOLATION I- A short range, high weapon, high armor, high speed destroyer used for planetary and base defense. It utilizes a small …

Comments: 2
Latest topics
» Anyone still on here?
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel

» Abaddon City
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am by Guest

» GENERAL CHAT
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm by Flarezone

» Antonius of Raspus
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm by Anderson the Great

» Gallifrey Stands
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:15 am by Rui Hatsune

» The Kingdom of Xenon
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:52 am by Anderson the Great

» Forozov of Svoliani
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm by Anderson the Great

» Xenonian
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm by Anderson the Great

» bad things
GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am by Guest

Most active topics
GENERAL CHAT
Rise of the Ark
RotA OOC
Thoughts on AV?
Introduce Yourselves!
Winter Rebels
Discovery of the Chaakas
27th Century Weapons
The United(Or, Universal) Federation of Chaakas.
Eternity Orbs
Affiliates
free forum

RPG-D Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

GENERAL CHAT

Go down 
+3
=+=DTD=+=
Woz2
Flarezone
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm

That being said because I would just like to throw the PRESIDIO class into RotA now before I type the description up. Also, because I'm doing all this from my iPhone I'm just going to go with basic shapes like rectangles and triangles and stuff, so I'll be typing a while.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:26 pm

The Union will blow up the Shade and leave the rest alone. It's how they do things. They're like Klingons out of Star Trek minus the honor crap. They are very accomplished at the art of war. As to the PRESIDIO, they have very little armament compared to, say, a VISIONARY battleship or a CONSOLATION destroyer.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Unless the other force destroys them 1st aye?
Back to top Go down
https://overdark.rpg-board.net
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 pm

The Klingons fire-trucking killed their own gods. (In their mythology of course.)
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Unlike most Gauss guns used by other species, the ones the Union uses fire almost like a machine gun. They fire as fast as the projectile can be chambered. As a result, there is usually a large clip holding twenty or so rounds that is replenished using a replicator to produce it from random particles in space.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:59 pm

That would theoretically allow a single Union ship to take on many more enemy ships of slightly lesser size.
Back to top Go down
Woz2
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Or it could be like Bravo's Gauss tech on his assault crafts: it uses a quantum generator to generate shield-killing matter rounds and an equivalent amount of anti-matter rounds for armor and structure-killing.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 pm

In RotA I should have Basquez step from a wall, say 'Of course not' in response to Parem's statement, then step back through and watch the Lols.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:53 pm

I still think I should have Commander arbitrarily step from a wall and start irritating Parem when he makes a statement. Disarm the stranger then step back through the wall or something similar.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Lol, that would certainly cause some drama xD.
Back to top Go down
Woz2
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Guys, and don't think you understand what I mean by gun, the gun is his hand. Just you know, what you'd do when you try to make a gun out of your hand. Thumb up, index and middle out. Small point of light between the index and middle indicates magic. And Rui, I don't think you realize how much your character's fear actually hurts the stranger. Like seriously, I'd have probably gone suicidal by then if I were that character, since he's me. Like, what I would have to go through and leave behind to get there... it'd hit me hard. Even though it wasn't my choice, I just got torn from everything I've ever known. But there's other reasons too, that alone wouldn't do much to phase me. Like that character's a REALLY deep and personal character for me.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Lol, and Parem is extremely spontaneous and committed. He acts quickly without thinking and once he has something in his thoughts he never lets it rest until it is resolved. SO, that is both a weakness and a strength to some extent.
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 am

How hard was it to make this site? Because, I had a great idea for a roleplay a while back but it never went anywhere. I'll pitch the idea and let you critique it but I know it doesn't fit with the website.

So it's steampunk/fantasy. Set in an imaginary country called Anatoli. Anatoli is roughly the size of Austria nestled in the middle of a giant mountain range that makes travel to the rest of the world almost entirely impossible. Anatoli was once divided into three kingdoms whose names have been long forgotten. In the civil war, the three kingdoms were eventually united and the capital was built on a magnetically-floating island in the direct center of the country. The capital was a gleaming metropolis known as the City of the State or the Imperial City. The three kingdoms became, in correspondence to their economic functions, the Wheat Province, the Iron Province, and the Forest Province. The Imperial City grew in influence with each king until finally they had established a dictatorship over the citizens of the provinces, labeled "Provinicials." The Imperial City created an elite military force to police the nation called the Protectors, who are universally hated by the Provinicials for frequent raids with no warrant, rape, murder, looting, and they are powerless to stop them. All forms of personal defense have been banned (firearms, crossbows, swords, etc.) and to make matters worse the Imperial City has been using zeppelin airships to purchase gatling guns, trucks, planes, and biological weaponry from Pre-WWI Europe. There is a resistance movement (working on a name) trying to overthrow the king and liberate the country. But the odds are stacked against them.

So whatcha think?
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 am

To create an rpg forum like this? Its fairly easy to do. Adding content, making it look good, establishing rules and promoting the website...
Not exactly difficult, but it is extremely time consuming. If you are not on the site at least 1-2 times every day and if you do not actively promote/advertise the site then it will die very quickly.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't know about you, but I work 5 days a week, so yea.
Back to top Go down
Woz2
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I go to school 5 days a week and have insane amount of homework, high school and college.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:54 pm

I work/and learn. All at one time , you see, I get a stipend and I also learn at the college
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Wow. I just go to boring high school. Then in two years I'll go to boring law school, cheat on the BAR exam, and be a boring lawyer. But it's a good thing that's about 5% of my life. Lol.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Okay. Here's an idea for a roleplay. Some character stumbles upon a planet called Pathus in a secluded galaxy where the Purgatus are in the final stages of annihilating a race fairly similar to the Bugs from Starship Troopers. The Purgatus navy has deployed poison gas and the "offensive" and "vile" race has retreated to an underground tunnel system. In a sandstorm, the hero finds his way into one of their tunnels where he is able to telepathically communicate with the Hive King who tells him that his kind were attacked unprovoked by the Purgatus and have been progressively driven back until here they were in tunnels beneath the smouldering ruins of their homeworld with billions slain. The hero must then make a choice, to trust the arachnids or kill the Hive King and guard himself against any possible treason.
Back to top Go down
Flarezone
Admin
Admin
Flarezone

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 pm

sounds interesting :vP
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:48 am

Wonder if the a Rebel could come into play there
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 am

I guess. Although their lack of empathy would pretty much defeat the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Winter Rebel
Common Member
Common Member

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 am

well the one that is hired would work for the Purgatus. the goal of the rebel would to help the destruction of the race by helping the "hero". if the "hero" chooses to save them then the rebel would follow the command of the hero because the rebel was hired to follow the orders of the "hero"
Back to top Go down
Anderson the Great
Common Member
Common Member
Anderson the Great

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:11 am

You'll have to work that out with whoever chooses to be the protagonist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL CHAT   GENERAL CHAT - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overdark :: OUT OF CHARACTER :: Astral Lounge-
Jump to: