Overdark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When darkness falls... The light rises...

HomeWikipediaGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Overdark on your social bookmarking website
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm
Top posters
Flarezone
The Unknown Union I_vote_lcapThe Unknown Union I_voting_barThe Unknown Union I_vote_rcap 
Anderson the Great
The Unknown Union I_vote_lcapThe Unknown Union I_voting_barThe Unknown Union I_vote_rcap 
Winter Rebel
Woz2
The Colonel
Rui Hatsune
=+=DTD=+=
AVenger
Anyone still on here?
The Unknown Union EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was still on here. I got an email that reminded me of this place and I somehow remembered my login info. Send me an email at dimitripheonixslovak@gmail.com if you just want to communicate. I lost contact with a lot of people on here, and I'm hoping to reconnect. If you're looking for another RP place, go to nationstates.net
I'll link my country here. [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=isaf-usea]…

Comments: 0
GENERAL CHAT
The Unknown Union EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 pm by Flarezone
GENERAL CHAT
Feel free to talk about anything to your hearts content.

Comments: 235
For all you GE fans out there.
The Unknown Union EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm by Flarezone
Prepare to have your socks rocked. I just found this free online game.

STEP ONE: Find a computer and look up "Astral Empires"
STEP TWO: Create and account and join the server "Ixion"
STEP THREE: Jump into galaxy 47 and lets team up to establish our empire in the stars!
http://ixion.astroempires.com/?ref=ixion.79935

Comments: 7
New Races/Species
The Unknown Union EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm by Flarezone
As you can see, the choices regarding species is currently very limited. I am currently working on 3-4 other species. However, if any member has an idea feel free to run it by me. These 1st few playable races are probably going to be the most commonly used so lets be original! If any guest has ideas, feel free to submit a thread to the QCIS board.

Comments: 5
Introduce Yourselves!
The Unknown Union EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm by Flarezone
WELCOME TO OVERDARK!
Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Comments: 28
Points/Respect Mod
The Unknown Union EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm by Flarezone
Regarding the Points/Respect mod that has been added onto the forum. What should we use it for? Or do we even need it?
I'm all ears.

Comments: 3
I'm About to Lose It
The Unknown Union EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm by Anderson the Great
This picture thing is pissing me off severely. I cannot upload any photos from my computer. And the ones I've found, I can't find the URL.

Comments: 11
The Prodigal Son Hath Returned
The Unknown Union EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Anderson the Great
Here I am. Once again, I stand before you. My travels have brought me far and wide and now here I am.

Comments: 2
Union Ship Desc.
The Unknown Union EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm by =+=DTD=+=
This is the description for one of the smaller ship classes. Classified as a Destroyer, the CONSOLATION class is the most common ship in the Union.

Please take note that this description will be HEAVILY modified before being reposted as a unit used by the union.

CONSOLATION I- A short range, high weapon, high armor, high speed destroyer used for planetary and base defense. It utilizes a small …

Comments: 2
Latest topics
» Anyone still on here?
The Unknown Union EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm by The Colonel

» Abaddon City
The Unknown Union EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 am by Guest

» GENERAL CHAT
The Unknown Union EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm by Flarezone

» Antonius of Raspus
The Unknown Union EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm by Anderson the Great

» Gallifrey Stands
The Unknown Union EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:15 am by Rui Hatsune

» The Kingdom of Xenon
The Unknown Union EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:52 am by Anderson the Great

» Forozov of Svoliani
The Unknown Union EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm by Anderson the Great

» Xenonian
The Unknown Union EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm by Anderson the Great

» bad things
The Unknown Union EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am by Guest

Most active topics
GENERAL CHAT
Rise of the Ark
RotA OOC
Thoughts on AV?
Introduce Yourselves!
Winter Rebels
Discovery of the Chaakas
27th Century Weapons
The United(Or, Universal) Federation of Chaakas.
Eternity Orbs
Affiliates
free forum

RPG-D Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine

The Unknown Union

Go down 
AuthorMessage
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 am

UNKNOWN UNION

Initially founded right before the Second Great Universal War, this faction, held under the sway of the Empire of Him, fought for and received its independence halfway through the war, which had not touched their part of the universe. Led by Richard Basques (known only as Commander today), they then proceeded to move off to as close to the edge of the Universe as possible. By the end of the war, the Unknown Union was a power to deal with. Of course, then the Shade were pushed back to the edges of the Universe, naturally right on top of the Union.

The Union, caught by surprise, lost ninety percent of its fleet and infrastructure but the flagship, Deathblow, formerly known as Wingman, escaped the chaos with Basques and Him (of the EoH) aboard. After several years, the ship stumbled upon the ancient, very deserted planet of Productor. Upon transporting to the planet, Basques found thousands of gigantic quantum computers in an idle state. After hacking the main frame with a few decisive moves, he installed a password that only he knew and then used the computers (all hooked up to a nanite building station disguised as a moon in orbit) to build a second ship, a factory ship, which then restarted the Union.

After several more years, the Union's technology had exceeded that of its predecessor and mini forges and replicators were in high use. Ships hundred, thousands, and even millions of miles long were built in days and months, and the Union returned to their homeland, now overrun with Shade, and reclaimed it. Due to the fact that nobody had yet heard of the Union but the Shade, nobody else (Unity included) know why the Shade haven't yet returned to siege the universe.

The Union uses several type of drive that the Unity (and everyone else, for that matter) have never heard of. Chief among them is Proto-Warp, a sub-type of Loop-Warp, it is a dimensional drive that allows instant travel to any point in the universe, coordinate not required. Very similar to the tunnel drive in theory, Proto-Warp uses laser emitters to make a gigantic rectangle of space into what is called a 'Gate', which the ship(s) then pass through to get to their destination.

The destination is given to the computers in the emitters via the wearer of the Headset, which intercept and form an image of the destination from brainwaves of the wearer. Due to this, it is nigh untraceable since the emitters are usually house within a ship, and near undetectable. Proto-Warp is also used on a much smaller basis, on the ground. It allows instant travel between planets and solar systems, by projecting the Gate onto a wall or floor (or anything else, for that matter), also giving the watchers the illusion that whatever or whoever is passing through is stepping through or out of the wall.

Due to the fact that they've never heard of the Unity, they are neither with or against the society. They are, however, a powerful, unknown class four society, and would probably surprise the hell out of the Unity if they found out about them. The people of the Union themselves are about eight to ten feet high, with a humanoid figure that has very long arms and legs, and a head much like a humans. They are nearly as diverse as humans as well, with many things being in common between them. However, they are asexual, requiring only to chop off an arm or a leg to reproduce (think of a starfish). This removed member then matures into a fully grown adult over about three hours, and a fully knowledgeable one in five. Each being is completely individual, due to Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) variations as their bodies mature.  

The people of the Union call themselves 'Unionians', and are based around war due to their constant contact with the Shade. Any member of the species can pick up a stick and defeat a Shade Elite soldier. This likely explains why they've survived so long against them.

The cities of the Union are gigantic metropolises, with the buildings (shaped like steep-sided pyramids) stretching miles into the sky. Complex systems of bridges and trams connect them, and floating buildings are not uncommon. Their armed forces are nearly as numerous as the Shade, and somewhat better equipped due to the availability of replicators and mini forges, both of which can produce a weapon of any type from any material (or no material, depending on the circumstances).

The predominant weapon of choice among the troopers is the gauss rifle, a rifle that fires a six pound depleted uranium slug in a ferromagnetic shell at SOL and above speeds. However, second in line are HDHC Plasma rifles, which fire hyperdense, hyper charged blobs of plasma at thirty thousand kilometer per second.

In terms of planetary defense photon cannons and ion cannons are primarily used due to the minor amount of damage to the atmosphere of the planet. As such, they are fairly advanced. In terms of armor for the ships, it is also very advanced, utilizing zero-gap metal, which is typically an alloy with no space between the nuclei of individual atoms, this making it damn near indestructible and fairly lightweight (make it from aluminum Smile.

Their ships also use a honey-combed internal structure, often giving their ship characteristic hexagon-shaped passages. This also allows the ship to live through much more punishment than your average ship. Engines and power sources are Fission-Fusion reactor that split atoms, send the pieces to the counterpart, recombine them, then send them back to be split again, and vice versa. This both qualifies as perpetual motion and produces nearly endless energy.

Shields are made from a variety of things, with a favorite of small ships being the ProtoWarp shield, which projects a gate onto its hull that sends the rounds to another gate inches from the attackers hull, thus having them fire on themselves. Another is the kinetic shield, a concentrated sheet of photons that imitates a solid wall of immeasurable strength. Then the plasma shield is a layer of plasma at high temperatures sandwiched between two electromagnetic fields of a charge the same as the plasma's, holding it in place.

Finally, the graviton shield is a cloud of anti-gravitons around a ship's hull that both deflects low-velocity rounds into space and lessens the impact large ships have on solar systems, thus allowing them to get close to planets and celestial bodies without throwing them off their orbit and possibly destroying them. Computers are typically quantum, however on exceptionally large ships this may be replaced with an experimental atomic computer that uses instantaneous chemical reactions to transmit information.

Union Decinary code is standard on all Union-made computers. Decinary code is damn near un-crack able (as the Shade have learned well) and unreadable. Not only are Union military messages in Decinary code, but they are encrypted, then the encryption is scrambled and encrypted again, and then it is encrypted three more times, an scrambled again rendering it nearly uncrackable. The code can take the atomic computers several seconds to decipher, and they have the key, which changes regularly (i.e. Every other day). If a message is intercepted by most other computers, it comes across as gibberish that might have come from a neutron star or something. As to how messages are sent, a Proto-Warp gate is opened and a transponder sent through that broadcasts the message before self-destructing, the entire process of sending and destroying taking about half a second.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Units-
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:08 pm

DEATHBLOW Class Heavy Destroyer-
•DEATHBLOW I- An ancient experimental destroyer, there is exactly one of this model. It is three hundred miles long, shaped like a gigantic rectangular prism on its side. The height measurement is roughly fifty miles, and the width measurement is ten miles. The bridge is in the exact middle of the ship, and protected by a large amount of armor, as well as being separate from the rest of the ship and ejectable. It is armed with numerous plasma-laser banks, based on a two mile by two mile grid. Gauss guns are placed on a one by two grid. Plasma cannons are everywhere else. At the rear, four large, extremely powerful Ion engines are placed, and it is ProtoWarp enabled. Its armor can withstand numerous nuclear blasts one the same point. Shields allow it within ten miles of a blue massive sun before they fail.
•DEATHBLOW II- Shaped, sized, and armed exactly like the very first model, this is an updated version that is armed with better armor, antimatter-matter reactors, and more maneuverability. It also was the first ship to be armed with the characteristic honeycombed structure that makes Union ships so unbelievably resilient in a fight. In several versions it is also fitted with a ram, for when all else fails. Equipped with ProtoWarp.
•DEATHBLOW III- Shaped like the II model, this model is larger. The length measures at four hundred miles long, whilst the width is the same and the height is sixty miles. The armament is a two by two miles grid with heavy gauss cannons on every grid point. The engines are powered by cold fusion reactors that use antimatter as a reactant, and the armor is better than the II. Shields are like the I. Also equipped with ProtoWarp drives.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:36 pm

PRESIDIO Class Capital Ship-
PRESIDIO I- Cylindrical in shape with engines at one end, this monstrous ship has practically no armament whatsoever, with its only weapon being four lines of plasma laser banks down its length for repelling fighters. It is 15,000 miles long, with a diameter of 2,000, giving it a very filled out look. It has a series of hangar and cargo bays staggered all over it surface, for a total of more than eighty large bays and innumerable small ones. The bridge is, unusually for a Union ship, up front with a window showing the space in front of camera showing everything else. Each bay holds at least twenty thousand fighter craft, and the PRESIDIO is one of the most common craft in the fleet, being used not only as a portable spacecraft carrier but also as a cargo ship. Any one of its over eighty large bays can comfortably hold two DEATHBLOW II destroyers.

JACKAL fighter craft/shuttle-
A simple ten meters long, in a delta wing shape that is five wide, these are armed with four gauss Miniguns in the wings and twin plasma laser cannons in the nose. They are not equipped for ProtoWarp, but with enough time may achieve transwarp, although the transition would likely tear it apart. Very agile, very fast. Outrageously strong armor. No shields.

CONSOLATION class destroyer-
CONSOLATION I- Two hundred miles long, with a shape like the tip of a Philipps screwdriver but extremely elongated, with a square base, with a base width of about thirty miles and a height the same, these are armed with, not only the pointed now for ramming, but four very large, fast firing plasma auto cannons that fire blobs of plasma at 60,000°F, as well as lines of gauss cannons on every ridge and valley in the surface of the vessel. It is ProtoWarp capable and the most common vessel in the fleet, used for everything from patrols to climactic battles. It has a 1000 fighter complement as well as a division of marines. The bridge is by the engine.

RETRIBUTION Class Battlecruiser-
RETRIBUTION I- 700 miles long and 100 wide, these are conical in shape, with reinforced bows for ramming and engines to back it up, as well as doors in the bow for troops to board a larger enemy ship it has rammed. It has no weapons for ten miles on the tip of the bow, but after that emplacements of plasma, plasma laser, and Gauss guns are spaced every mile in rows, with the bridge being back by the outrageous engines. It is ProtoWarp capable and half as common as the CONSOLATION.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Ranks-
Private
Sergeant
Commander
Lieutenant
Captain- First Ship Command
Colonel
Major
Sergeant Captain
Sergeant Major
Cornel- Battlegroup Command
General- Drive a desk
Admiral- Command a region
Senior General- Command a section of the empire
Senior Admiral- Advisor to leader
Senior Commander- Leader (Basquez)

Troop Types and armament-

NOTE: All troops are trained well in CQC, and are equipped with a plasma Sabre.

GI- Armored with a MK II battle suit, essentially a light exoskeleton that might resist a low energy gauss blast. Essentially, fodder. Armed with a Photon rifle.

GII- Armored with a MK III battle suit, which is essentially the same as the MK II with slightly more armor. Armed with a Photon SMG.

SI- Armored with a MK I breastplate, essentially a weaker version of the one Basquez wears. Armed with a semi automatic gauss rifle.

SII- Armored with a MK III breastplate, a more powerful version of what Basquez wears. Armed with a gauss machine gun.

EI- Armored with a MK IV shield generator, made exclusively for stealth and minor defense. It provides as much protection as the MK II battle suit, but is equipped with a cloaking device.

Marine- Armored with a MK VIII body suit that essentially turns them into iron man, they are armed with an over the shoulder plasma cannon as well as a plasma rifle.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:44 pm

ARMOR-

MK I Tank- A five by five meter drone on hover pods deployed in mass numbers against, well, everything. Armament consists of a single ion cannon on a rotating turret. Minimal armor, it is essentially fodder and nothing else. No shielding. Also used as a scout.

MK II- Used in conjunction with small infantry squads, these are six by eight meters with a two meter max height. Armed with a plasma laser cannon. Same armor as the MK I but has a shield emitter. One man crew.

MK III- The light tank the union uses. Three by eight meters, they seem very narrow from outside and are armed with twin gauss cannons, armed with matter generators and replicators. Three meter height. Medium armor and decent shields.

MK IV- Main battle tank. Four by eight meters, with a two point five meter height, this is armed with twin gauss Miniguns on a rotating turret, heavy armor, and two separate, swiveling automated plasma laser emplacements on the sides to take down small targets. It has heavy shielding and, for once, has a tread option for planets where hover pads are inoperable.

MK V- Heavy battle tank. Four by ten meters with a three point five meter height, along with extremely heavy armor, heavier shields, and a turret with twin gauss auto cannons of the largest size made for ground assault. On each corner is an automated photon bank, and between the two auto cannons is a gauss minigun.

MK VI- An armored six by six by three meter box on hover pads.can carry a up to eight troops.
Back to top Go down
=+=DTD=+=
=+=DTD=+=

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:41 pm

SAVIOR Class Superweapon-
SAVIOR I- Five hundred thousand miles long in the shape of a hollow cylinder, this is a gigantic photon cannon with engines. It has a diameter of nearly fifty thousand miles, and is (amazingly enough) ProtoWarp capable. The beam it fires can be used to destroy blue massive stars, among other thing. Due to the massive size of the main weapon, it is covered liberally in small anti-fighter plasma lasers and not much else. The bridge is in the very rear, where it is solid. These are exceedingly rare among the fleet, but a see a crapload of use against Shade armadas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Unknown Union Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unknown Union   The Unknown Union Empty

Back to top Go down

The Unknown Union
Page 1 of 1